New Zealand Bus Tours for Backpackers & Adventurous Travelers
Backpacking New Zealand on a Stray Bus Tours....
Stray is the ultimate, flexible
New Zealand Bus Tours
network for backpackers and adventurous travelers.
Hop on and hop off the bus tours anywhere that you desire to explore on their comprehensive NZ route.
Journey further off the beaten track to checkout unique stuff, fascinating local culture and interesting activities.
Stray has a huge range of New Zealand bus tours, passes for all time frames and smaller buses, making it easier to meet friends and do more things.
Utilize your New Zealand tours pass for up to 12 months and as many times as you like with ‘unlimited travel’
Travel with like minded people and awesome driver guides
Their are backpacker hostel, budget hotel, wilderness lodge and camping accommodation options and you’re guaranteed your first night in all of Strays overnight stops.
Why settle for average, the majority of the best things to do in New Zealand is off the tourist trail a Maori cultural experience.
A lodge in the bush, bone carving, a wildlife stop over on Stewart Island, surfing school, mussel tasting in Abel Tasman, a luxurious alpine lodge in National Park. All exclusive to Stray and some of our top-rating features.
Stray is a bus tours NZ wide, guided hop on and hop off bus tours network. Bus passes are totally flexible so you can hop on or off the bus anywhere you desire along the way to visit friends or even work for a while.
If you are short on time you can also use the Stray New Zealand bus tours like a tour and complete your pass in minimum days and still enjoy outstanding locations and unique attractions around NZ.
Stray New Zealand Bus Tours - Things you need to know
- You can hop on and off anywhere over the routes (as often as you want).
- All NZ bus tours, passes are valid for 12 months and with unlimited travel can be used as many times as you like, traveling in one direction around NZ.
- Beds are reserved in Strays night stopovers and your first night’s accommodation in each place is guaranteed, even in peak season.
Your always given a choice if possible and their is always an option at backpacker hostel rates (about $25 per night).
Usually twin and double options to hotel standards from about $65 per couple.
NB: our cultural overnight is an exception with an all-inclusive price of $75 for bed, hangi meal, breakfast and cultural show. This is a unique opportunity to sleep in a marae (meeting house). You simply pay for your accommodation as you go.
- Accommodation ranges from backpacker hostels (VIP, BBH, Nomads, YHA), to wilderness lodges, to cabins in amazing off the beaten track locations.
- You don’t need a sleeping bag, you can hire bedding for the dorm rooms or get a made-up room in every overnight stop.
- You can self cater (we make supermarket stops) but there are cheap meals (often with local specialties), available at all stops – there is always a vegetarian option.
- Your driver gives you guidance and information about the local culture, history and wildlife of each location, and where possible will always offer a number of activities for you to choose from with free or paid options.
- Stray New Zealand bus tours, uses new mini coaches to avoid the feeling of being herded around. You’re offered more activity and accommodation options, plus access to “off the beaten track places”.
- Included is free days (non-travel days) in key locations i.e. Abel Tasman National Park, Franz Josef Glacier and Queenstown so even if you’re on minimum time you’ll be able to do activities and explore each of these areas.
- The trips are active. If walks and wildlife isn’t your thing – best not to journey with us.
If they are, bring good walking shoes and a day pack. Don’t worry about not being fit enough, we cater to all fitness levels and all activities are optional.
A few drinks at the end of a day full of adventure always taste the best!
Search following link for Stray
New Zealand Bus Tours